Wednesday 30 October 2019

From zero to stage in x months

It has long been my goal to get back on stage. But how? Do I have the skills on any of the (numerous) instruments I play to be entertaining for a whole set? Unfortunately no. Do I know a repertoire well enough that would fill a concert? Again, no. As a non-professional musician do I have the time to practice, memorise and improve at a pace that would make me a marketable standalone entertainer in the foreseeable future? Sadly, no. Do my like-minded and similarly aged friends have the time to form a band, and practice regularly? Tragically, no.

Do I have a way out? Hell, yeah!

There is a marvellous musician in Andorra, Jesus Cuerva, who has uploaded thousands of backing tracks on Youtube, also available through his website. His arrangement of hit songs are rendered in several versions; missing vocals, guitar, bass, keyboard or drums, so that all these musicians can practice their repertoire.

That is what I have been doing lately, for sure, and by next summer I will have a quality repertoire to stand out there with a whole set. You can buy his tracks via his website and perform with your virtual band.

The quality of the tracks is somewhat mixed. Some are played quite audibly by midi instruments, but most seem to have tracks recorded on real instruments. Musically, they seem to be exact, precise and correct. The lyrics and chords can be read on screen. All in all, it looks like the tools made by Master Cuerva for himself as a gigging musician, and shared with the world.

Hats off to the man!

From Hungary with love,
BLC

1 comment:

My MusiCredentials

In a world of A-holes with an opinion the question may arise at any point:     ...and may be not answered by my social media sites https://b...